Friday, March 19, 2010

The Grinch to Belly Baboosh...

Just two days ago as I was about to step into the shower, my oh so very loving husband looked at me from the side and said, "You know, you kind of look like the Grinch! You're thin, but you just have that belly." Such a kind and loving statement. Haha. Thank goodness I know how to laugh off his silly comments.

Today marks day 11 since Aubrey finally arrived. My sweet, sweet girl is absolutely eating the pregnancy weight off of me! I am loving it!! So far I have dropped 21 pounds of the 30 ish gained. I never thought it would fall off of me this quickly. I thought for sure Tyron was going to have his work cut out for him! Me too of course! So we have roughly 10 pounds to go and unfortunately I know they are probably going to be the hardest. I am so ready to get back into my workouts, but am not able to quite yet.

As I was leaving the hospital about a week and a half ago, I was given a list of what I could and could not do for the next six weeks. I was stunned at the list! Most everyone knows the obvious, which is not being intimate with your partner for six weeks. With the pain I still feel at this very moment, I will have absolutely no problem with that! Sorry Bryan. :-) I do still love you very, very much!! Some of the other " do not do's" on that list were no climbing stairs for six weeks, no driving a car for three weeks, no household chores such as carrying laundry, vacuuming, or sweeping for six weeks, and no strenuous exercise for six weeks! Now to be honest, I pretty much ignored a good portion of these instructions in the first week. I was up and down the stairs, carrying laundry, cleaning the bathroom, and walking my dog. So with the pain I'm going through right now, I probably deserved it for not listening. I just felt awful needing so much help with everything. The last thing I wanted to do was ask Bryan to do the laundry or cook dinner after his long day at work. He has been wonderful and has been helping so much! Now if only he could go to the gym and work out a little for me!

I thought for sure I was going to be that girl that had a baby and two weeks later was destroying her body in the gym to get back into her old shape. I figured I'd made it through 8.5 months of the pregnancy in 3.5 inch heels...why not tough out the gym workouts a little early?? Not so much! In the mean time, I have been attempting to use a product called Tauts Belly Wraps. The celebrity Brooke Burke promotes the product. It is a belly wrap that is supposedly helpful in reducing the size of the swollen uterus and reducing water retention in the belly, making it helpful with losing inches fast, all while supporting the excess of unwanted baggy baby skin! This wrap is to be worn immediately following delivery for 40 days and 40 nights or however long it is felt necessary. I took this wrap with me to the hospital planning on wearing it immediately. Ha! Not a chance!! Even with ordering the correct size I could not even get the wrap around me. I could get parts to close but then my belly and excessive skin in other places would bulge out in funny places. Bryan thought it was hilarious! I even had him try and wrap me in it without any luck. My belly has been shrinking at quite a rapid pace, however it is definitely still there! I am going to again attempt to wear the wrap starting on Tuesday, which marks two weeks from delivery of Aubrey. By then I should be able to work my way into it. I promise pictures for sure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment