Thursday, April 29, 2010

Semi Terrified Mr. Mom...

Yesterday morning was my first time away from Aubrey for more than an hour. I was so nervous! I left Bryan with two bottles and a list of helpful tips. Bryan was so scared! It was honestly kind of cute to see him not acting like he could handle anything for once! I told him to relax and breathe. He has always so great with Aubrey. I knew he'd be just fine.

I, on the other hand, was such a nervous mommy throughout the three hours. I texted Bryan just 30 minutes after leaving the house. Of course, everything was perfectly fine. They were playing together in the living room. Throughout my entire appointment (which seemed to take a life time), all I could think about was Bryan and Aubrey. I just wanted to get home to my family and potentially save my husband from a mental breakdown. I had texted him a few more times but hadn't received a response. I had no idea what was going on.

On my drive home it seemed like every slow driving tourist would pull in front of me. It took me forever to get home! The moment I finally made it home and walked in the door, I was greeted by and smiling husband and happy baby. I couldn't believe it! I was so relieved....then Bryan invited me upstairs. Not only had my husband nervously cared for our baby girl for more than three hours, he had also cleaned everything! Laundry was washed and folded, bottles were washed and reassembled, carpets were vacuumed, beds and crib were perfectly made....everything was in it's place. Bryan just looked at me with a huge smile on his face. He was so proud! I was beyond impressed and entirely speechless. I couldn't believe how much he was able to accomplish while caring for Aubrey. He proudly told me how he'd mastered folding with one hand! I laughed. I was so incredibly proud of my sweet husband. I have a feeling I'll be setting quite a few more appointments so I can leave Daddy in charge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment