Saturday, July 24, 2010

4th of July!

It's a little late to post about our special holiday, but it's better late than never...

Sunday morning I woke up wanting nothing more than to take Aubrey swimming. I couldn't wait to see how she reacted to water and the freedom to do whatever she wanted with her little legs. I had been secretly thinking about this for a while and finally decided to do something about it!

The week prior I had taken just a few minutes to look at baby floats but wasn't truly thrilled with my selections. I had also glanced at a few small pools thinking we could maybe get by with putting one on the deck so we didn't have to drive to the pool. So as soon as I woke up, I filled Bryan in on my thoughts. We spent a little time looking through pools and baby floats on the Toys R Us website. I was getting so antsy just looking at the website and asked if we could just hurry up and go to the store. Haha, I was so excited!

It was Aubrey's first true holiday (Memorial Day doesn't really count) and I wanted to make it really special for her! We all loaded up in the car and were the first ones to walk in the door at Toys R Us. The moment we walked in the door there was a stack of one of the nicer pools we had looked at online. They were already marked down 50% and were an additional 25% on July 4th. I also had a $10 off coupon. I looked at Bryan and smiled. We had decided...we were definitely taking Aubrey swimming that day! We found a horrible baby float and purchased it as well just to have one.

Bryan, Aubrey and I head home ready to start our special day. Aubrey went down for a nap and slept much longer than she normally does. I think she must have known Mommy and Daddy had some work to do! Such a sweet girl. My parents helped Bryan and I set up the pool just perfectly on the deck. Any larger and it wouldn't have fit! It took a surprisingly long time to set everything up so we were grateful for Mom and Dad's help.

Aubrey woke up just as they were filling the pool. We slathered her with sunscreen, which she was not exactly thrilled about, and then put her very first bikini on her. Oh that silly thing barely fit but I wanted to get pictures of her in it at least once.

We spent about 30 minutes introducing Aubrey to swimming. She wasn't exactly sure about what was going on. Mom and Dad video taped and photographed her first experience. Thank you Mom and Dad for helping us document such a special first experience for us and Aubrey!!

Below are some pictures from our special first real holiday with Aubrey. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment