Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!

Mother's Day this year was such a special day for me. This was my very first Mother's Day! The night before Bryan told this story about how Aubrey was begging him to give me my gift early. He, in detail, relayed the story to me. It was actually pretty cute. Bryan held strong for once and did not give in. The gift was saved for Mother's Day.


Little did I know, Bryan woke up in the middle of the night to put my gift out in the nursery. I woke up in the middle of the night thinking I'd heard Aubrey cry and got up to feed her. Bryan was very sneaky and coaxed me back into bed until we were sure she was awake. I think I must have been half asleep because I didn't even think to look at our video monitor, which has been an amazing life saver by the way. So back to sleep I went. A couple hour later Aubrey let out a few cries signaling mommy that it was time to eat. As I walked into the nursery I saw a huge card propped up on the glider. I smiled and couldn't wait to get my hands on it, but wanted to wait until Bryan and Aubrey gave it to me. I went ahead and started feeding Aubrey as Bryan picked up the card and brought it to me. It was such an adorable card. It was very dimly lit in the nursery when I asked Bryan where he'd gotten it. He chuckled and said that he and Aubrey had made it. I was quite impressed. Inside was a much needed gift as well...an hour long massage with Denise, the most amazing massage therapist ever! I have been aching for a massage for so long. Since I can now lay on my tummy, I am going to thoroughly enjoy this wonderful gift.


Bryan, Aubrey, and I spent the entire day together. We made pancakes and eggs, enjoyed a couple movies, and took a family walk. It's a shame Mother's Day only happens once a year. I loved spending the entire day with my family, without interruptions. Thank you to my wonderful husband and beautiful daughter for making my day such a special one. I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment